January 27, 2011

One-stop shopping haven

I have always had a knack for shopping. You can say I'm a shopaholic. I literally buy stuff that I don't need, which is uhm....good for the economy, right?

Around November of 2009, I heard about a sort-of bazaar entitled "Brightspot Market". I don't remember how I ended up googling them but I did. The first thing I noticed about Brightspot Market was their tagline, "a curated market of all things cool." I must admit I thought it was a bit tacky (no pun intended whatsoever). But it stuck on me. I checked out their website, which had a simple but edgy vibe to it. There was a poster announcing an upcoming Brightspot Market that was going to be held at Plaza Indonesia on December, and it was themed "Christmas Edition". Since I love christmas and shopping, there wasn't a reason that I shouldn't go. Brightspot ran for 4 days, with the first day being a private opening for invites only. I got invites out of luck, cause I randomly sent an email and then I got a a reply telling me that I and a +1 was on the list. Cool right? LOL. So on the day of, I went with a friend of mine. I was very fascinated when I got there and indeed I did a lot of shopping. I have been to every Brightspot Market ever since the christmas edition, oh and if I might add, by invites. Yes, I'm bragging.

The Goods Dept.
Last month, I was going through my twitter timeline and read something about a store that was managed by  the creators of Brightspot Market. No doubt, I had to check it out. I'm lame like that, I guess. Anyways, I did check it out. The store, "The Goods Dept.." is located at Plaza Indonesia. The store itself is very well designed. Though the store was uhm....deserted, it had a serene but also intense feel to it. The brands consists of mostly upcoming local ones that's in the "indie" field. Pricing is substantial, I'd say. The Goods Dept. also has a cafe, which I haven't had the chance to try, but definitely will. I do recommend this store for all you indie loving hipsters, and for you that are not, just go check it out. Besides department stores are overrated, The Goods Dept., is curated.