January 16, 2011

Good music, the beach and weed

Interesting title, eh? You're probably wondering what this post would be about. Well I'll tell you in 3 words: WAVVES, BEST COAST. Those are the names of the two bands that I'm currently obsessed with. If you're up to date on my blog, which I doubt you are (I mean come on let's face it, why would you be up to date on what I blog about? But if you are, then I'm wrong and thank you.) you can read on a previous post about the awesomeness of Wavves. So what does the title have to do with Wavves and Best Coast? They both get stoned all the time and their bands are like, summer themed. As for the good music, you can listen to them yourselves and then you'll see what I mean.
Nathan Williams of Wavves &
Bethany Consentino of Best Coast
Oh yes, the front-persons of those two bands are dating. Basically they're the power couple of the indie-surf-rock-pop world. The point of this specific post right here, this one you're reading right now, is to tell you that Wavves and Best Coast are two of the best "summer" bands you'll find in the industry. And to put the cherry on top of that oh so tasty indie-cake is an EP titled Summer Is Forever by none other than Wavves AND Best Coast. You know when you're badly craving for say, chocolates and then suddenly someone brings you a box of the best chocolates you could possibly have? Well this is like that for me. 

Summer Is Forever. I wish.
To add to that......... they're even going on tour together. That's not good news actually since I won't even be able to watch a show, unless they happen to drop by Southeast Asia or Australia in June. Why so long, why June you ask? I have my ridiculous national exams that I've to take in order to graduate high school. I do apologize if this post seems somewhat hyperbolized. But just imagine the feeling, fair enough? Do me a favor, just google them will ya? If you said yes, then good. If no, uhm..........

Now, I'm thinking I should probably get off my laptop and hit my sociology books. Tryouts are tomorrow. I'm out.