January 22, 2011

Burlesco

After a night out at Bureau located in South Jakarta, I went home at 2am before realizing that I had a class 9 hours later. I set my alarm clock for 10am, only to wake up an hour earlier due to a major headache. Went downstairs, had breakfast that my sister made. Took an aspirin, showered and then headed out. I had been dying to watch "Burlesque" which stars the infamous Cher and Christina Aguilera, so after a one hour class, I decided that I was going to watch it. And so I did.
I've always been a fan of the whole "burlesque" thing. It seems so glamorous and exciting. So duh, of course I wanted to see this movie. Oh yeah, and Cam Gigandet also stars in this movie, as Christina Aguilera's love interest. And believe me, he is on fire. Loved him since I first saw him in the O.C. as bad boy Kevin Volchok. In Burlesque, he plays a completely different role. Basically Burlesque is about a girl from Iowa who has an amazing hidden talent, then she finds works as a waitress at this Burlesque club on Sunset Boulevard and ya-da ya-da so the story goes. As I see it, Burlesque is a great movie, if you're a musical fan. But if you're just a movie-fan in general well, I have to say don't have high expectations. Movie-wise it's not so great, unfortunately. Behind all the dancing singing and glamorous settings, Burlesque is just another chick-flick.

Wouldn't mind getting a ride from Cam