January 30, 2011

Friday night lights

On the 28th of January 2011, I was stamped "No Longer A Minor". Made me feel, well uhm just dandy, not much different to be honest. As I have stated before, I'm not one to throw big parties but dinner and drinks with a few of my closest friends sounds about right for this particular occasion. Here's how my long merriment night came to be....

Around 1830, me and 5 friends headed out for dinner at the very well-liked and reputable Birdcage located at South Jakarta. Not too far from my place, so we got there in a minor second. The ambience is lovely there, just lovely. Dim lighting and unwinding music puts the per in perfect. Some food are top-rate, but some are just too exorbitant. Though overall, I can say with great assurance that this place is worth your time.

Birdcage
After dinner, talks and jokes the night was still a long journey ahead. For a portion of us that is. We headed out to a secluded bar and grill located at a curve near an infamous international school called La Bodega. The hostess was more than welcoming, in fact she was very very hospitable. Introductions were exchanged. Drinks were drank, darts were thrown, and pools were played. A certain flaming drink were given, compliments of the house of course, thanks to our hospitable hostess. The night was still young, again for a portion of us. At the end of our bodegian stop, there was only three of us left. There was a irrefutable feeling that our night could not have ended there. Following the bill, a decision was made by two words, hot and coffee.
La Bodega
Who has better coffee than the notorious Starbucks? By around 30 minutes after midnight, I had no self strength to stay awake in the long cab ride from one side of town to another. Finally we reached our final destination, Starbucks. The wondrous aroma of fresh ground coffee helped me gather the last of my strength to stay awake. This place was perfect...to sleep in. The sofas were extra comfy and the music was extra weakening. After a few jokes and a few sips of hot coffee, I was wide awake and so were the other two. We had long talks and there was actually a point where someone mentioned about how slow time passes. Little did we know that that was not true. Settling down to the easy nature Starbucks had offered us, we had no intentions of going home, this was before we realized that the sun was about to rise. But even after we checked our blackberries for the time, it was positive that we were not leaving anytime soon. It was no doubt that all of us felt tired and sleepy, but somehow there was an uncanniness in us that did not want to leave that place. At the end of the night, or should I say dawn, I decided that we had overstayed our welcome there. 
Wake-up drink, courtesy of Starbucks.
But all and all, it was a pretty good 12 hours of company. Thank you to those who were with me on that joyous day...and night...and day again.