January 15, 2011

Oh hello, kitty.

We've all heard of Hello Kitty. If you say you haven't, you're probably lying or have been living in a cave. So, you know Hello Kitty, the international phenomenal Japanese "cat". For my part, I'm not really a fan. I mean I don't hate it or anything but I just don't like it. When I was 5 or so it was probably cute. But now, it's just creepy. Think about it for a while, what if you accidentally bumped into a 36 year old talking cat, who collects, and I quote "cute things", has the weight of three apples and the height of five (before you ask how I know all this, the answer is simple: wikipedia) and by the way, imagine that cat wearing a dungaree that was probably meant for 12 year old girls.

But no, fortunately I did NOT bump into Ms. Kitty White.
I just happen to pass by her house.

Don't believe me? Check this picture out, folks.


That is a real house. Someone actually lives there. And yes that is their permanent humble abode. Don't believe me? Well if you're in the area you can go check it out yourself. My sister even said that it's practically a local tourist attraction, then again she was being sarcastic. If you're wondering, it's located at Lippo Karawaci, Tangerang, Indonesia.

Okay, it's not really Hello Kitty's house. But it is someone's home. Someone who is obsessed with the popular kitten obviously. That's just my assumption though. This is one of those 'can't-believe-it-actually-exists' moment for me. I mean I knew that there are countless Hello Kitty fans, but I've only seen houses like these as souvenir shops etc. not as an actual home, so when I saw it with my own eyes I was utterly surprised. This is so pointless, I know. However, I just couldn't share it.