January 17, 2011

The kids are very much all right

Part of what makes this movie significant, is the ensemble cast. I personally love them. The Kids Are All Right is about a committed lesbian couple whose life is complicated, sort of. Their children Joni and Laser are portrayed by Mia Wasikowska and Josh Hutcherson, another thing I love about this movie. Their half-brother/sister-chemistry is so sweet, not to mention so real. Mark Ruffalo plays Paul, the sperm donor that Jules and Nic chose. Ergo, Paul is Joni and Laser's biological father. This movie is basically about their lives and how family is so important. But enough of that, I'm not gonna tell you everything, see it for yourself. If you're not a cinephile and you don't really like dramas, you probably won't like this and say it's boring. But for those of you who are cinephiles or like dramas, The Kids Are All Right is guaranteed to satisfy you. 

P.S: I'm experiencing a dejavu. I think I dreamt about writing this..