February 27, 2011

Mum, Ford and their Sons.

This morning I woke up to the smell of breakfast and rain. Cheese omelette with bacon and a perfect cup of cafe latte on a rainy Sunday morning. Sounds brilliant right? Because it is.

There is a downside to Sundays though, the fact that the next day is Monday.

Anyways, as you might know or not know, I am a film enthusiast. So after breakfast, I turned on my mac and watched an episode of British teen-dramedy 'Skins'. It just entered it's fifth season and I must say though not as good as the previous seasons, it still succeeds to entertain me. One of the things I love about this show are the music they use. A perfect mix of everything. 


Speaking of music, I've started listening to Mumford & Sons. I've known them for some time now, since I first played 'Little Lion Man' on Tap Tap Revenge 3 (thank you Apple and Steve Jobs). But I didn't really listened. So this time I did and I've got to say they're a big question mark. I mean Marcus Mumford does sound like someone I can't put my finger on and most of their songs have repetitive lyrics that always starts with And (sentence)....And (sentence B). Did I mention the songs in their debut album Sigh No More all sound alike and runs with the same story line? Heartbreak. Boo freakin hoo. I guess if you're heartbroken and-or a really sensitive loner they could work for you. Sine they do have all the cliche heartbreak lines and whatever. And I'll be honest before you call me a hypocrite, I might have tweeted a line from their song, but that was only because that line was literally what I was thinking. 


So Mumford & Sons is actually perfect for all those of you who's heartbroken, out of love and trying to suck as much melodramatic and melancholiness as you can. BUT and this is a HUGE but, can't believe they got to perform with Bob Dylan at the Grammys.

Okay that's it for the time being. Gotta go watch Booth and Brennan solve a murder case. Cheerio.